Thursday, September 17, 2020

Numbtember

     It's that time of year when I go emotionally numb and dragging my meat suit around feels like a struggle. We call these the robot times, just going through the motions, hoping the next day will feel like something. I like summer, and I love fall, but this in between place really feels like a bit of a void. I'm sure self care is essential, but nothing seems comforting, or worth doing. So I do the essentials and I wait for the lack of feeling to pass. Today I will walk the dog, do some laundry, wash some dishes, and cook some dinner. Other than that, I will try to keep my mind occupied as best I can. How do YOU get through the in between times?

5 comments:

  1. reading and crocheting, sometimes i play cards or go on the computer, hang in there xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. When seasons change its always weird for me. I wind up going thru the motions daily. I still ain't figured it out after all these years. Shit, winter still depresses me- esp recently since there's hardly snow anymore so there's just nothing beautiful and everything is barren, no sunlight etc. As much as i stay inside all the time, the sun going down at 4pm ducks me up lol. I think I might start doing my makeup daily like I used to as a kid- even tho I aint going anywhere- it might work. I'll let u know lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find doing make up helps if I can convince myself to do it!

      Delete